Lets start the new Year with a sweet dessert/bars.
The recipe comes from Anna Olson.She used cherry jam but I replaced it with raspberry,you can vary it with strawberry as well.The crust was rather crumbly ,therefore be careful in handling after baking.Do not be generous on the jam ,as too much jam will make it ooze out while cutting.I have been rather generous in using the almond slices.One cup is sufficient enough.A beautiful treat for tea time.
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
• 1/4 cup icing sugar
• 1 dash dash of almond extract
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons ground almond
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup raspberry jam
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 tablespoon milk
• 1 cup sliced almonds
• 2 tbsp sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease and line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Add both extracts and blend in.
3. In a separate bowl, blend flour, ground almonds and salt. Add to butter mixture and blend (will be crumbly). Press crust into pan with fingers.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until just brown around the edge of the pan. Allow to cool.
1. Stir together raspberry jam and cinnamon and spread over surface of cooled crust.
2. Heat together sugar and milk until sugar is dissolved. Pour over sliced almonds and toss to coat. Spread almonds over raspberry filling.
3. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until almonds turn golden brown.
1. Cool completely before slicing.
Submitting to : Yummy Dessert 4 New Year hosted by Pran Oriya Recipies ,
Bake Fest hosted by The Pumpkin Farm.Kids Delight-Colour Palatte started by Sri Valli of spicingyourlife.blogspot.com and at present hosted by Veena's Veg Junction