Nyonya Chicken Curry

Nyonya Curry Powder

This is a special nyonya chicken curry powder to prepare the nyonya chicken curry.




Roast all the ingredients separately. Then powder coarsely or finely.Keep in air tight container.

Source: Flavour Magazine


Nyonya Chicken Curry


The nyonya are known to be perfectionists when it comes to their food.They prefer to blend their own curry powder.Lemongrass lends its distinct flavour to this curry.




2 stalks lemongrass,bruised
2 star anise
1” cinnamon stick
50g nyonya curry powder(recipe above)
750-800gm chicken (cut into small pieces)
2 sprigs curry leaves
1 ½ cup light coconut milk
2 potatoes,peeled and cut into wedges
Salt to taste

Ground ingredients
10 shallots
1 clove garlic
2 candlenuts
½ tsp fennel
½ tsp cumin seeds



Mix curry powder with some water.Leave aside. Heat oil, sauté star anise, and cinnamon stick.Add in ground ingredients and curry powder paste and cook until fragrant.Add in lemon grass,chicken pieces and potatoes.Mix all the ingredients in the wok .Add in 1 cup water and leave to simmer.Add in salt to taste. Finally add in coconut milk and curry leaves. Simmer until slightly thick. Close fire.
The curry taste improves if left overnight.



The above curry powder and chicken curry recipe heads its way to the CWS-Cardamom Seeds Event hosted by Priya of Priya Easy N Tasty Recipes

Comments

  1. Mmmm...I love curry. Thanks for sharing the nyonya curry powder recipe. I would love to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woww chicken curry tempts me a lot, thanks for sharing nyonya curry powder..thanks for sending to CWS too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another nice curry recipe! My family loves curry! This is going to be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drooling..I love Nyonya food

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too, I love chicken curry...It will be nice to try a different curry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey thanks for the yummy recipe, actually being much busy with my hectic schedule i usually feel like to make instinct food for myself :) Thanks a lot for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I crave for spicy foods! I try to put curry to most dishes I prepare!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will have to try this recipe soon, it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will have to try this recipe soon, it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What type of cardamon do you use, the black or green cardamon ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment