Surprise Truffles

When you are talking about making truffles with Malaysian climate which is all around hot , one has to be very careful because your truffles tend to just melt away in your hands when you are moulding it.Thats exactly what I faced when I started preparing these truffles, at first I had to put back and forth the dough in the fridge each time when I am shaping it round. Thats when my daughter suggested I should on the air cond and then shape it.I couldn’t agree with her more.
These truffles are really rich what with me using Hersheys cocoa powder to prepare it. I love using Hersey chocolate chips, Hersheys cocoa powder etc as the taste is just outstanding.This recipe idea comes from http://www.hersheys.com/.





I have used marshmallow and that’s how it got its name…Surprise Truffles. As you bite into it ,there will be a surprise waiting for you which is soft marshmallow ready to be chewed .The truffles taste much better if you keep it in the fridge for a week or so. Actually you can prepare the truffles two weeks in advance (so that it will be firm)before serving it to your kids or guests, but of course I wish you all the best of luck hiding it from your kids!!!

Ingredients
½ cup (4oz) unsalted butter,softened
2 ½ cups icing sugar
½ cup Hersey’s Cocoa powder
¼ cup whipping cream
1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
1 cup Marsh mallow for center piece

Coating
4 tbsp icing sugar
1 tbsp grounded desiccated coconut

Beat butter in a large bowl until creamy.Stir together icing sugar and cocoa, add to butter mixture alternately with whipping cream and vanilla.Blend it together well.Refrigerate until firm .
Shape small amount of mixture placing a marsh mallow in the center ,roll into small balls.Drop into coating turning until well covered.Place in cute paper cups.Refrigerate at all times .

This recipe is submitted in Mithai Mela hosted by Cooking 4 All Seasons


Comments