500g Indian mackerel/spanish mackerel
some banana leaves (20cmX 30cm) and stapler
Sambal,to serve with fish
10 fresh red chillies
2-1/2 cm toasted shrimp paste/belacan
1 tbsp lime juice
salt to taste
2 tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder/saffron powder
6 tbsp thick coconut milk
1-1/2 tsp salt
1. Mix fish with ingredients A and season for at least 1 hour in fridge.
2. Wrap each fish individually with a piece of banana leaf (by rolling up)
3. Staple both ends.
4. Grill fish in a preheated oven at 220oC for 15 min.
5. Turn over and grill for another 10 min.
6. Serve hot with the prepared sambal.
7. For the sambal,pound red chillies and shrimp paste until smooth
8. Add in the lime juice/limau kasturi juice.
Note: You can also prepare it in a non stick pan
Can omit the dipping sauce and just squeeze the lime on the fish and serve
Thanks for visiting!
Rate this recipe: