Potato ,Cauliflower and Peas Masala

This is a vegetarian dish and needless to say a simple dish.The main ingredient that makes the dish extra special is the garam masala.I use home made garam masala. Try getting a good branded garam masala .



Ingredients

500gm medium sized potatoes
1 large onion,ground to a paste
11/2 tsp garam masala
11/2 tsp chilli powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 cup water
1 cup peas
1 cup cauliflower
salt to taste


Method

Fill in pan with ½ full of water.Add potatoes and boil till cooked. Peel potatoes and set aside.Or microwave it for 3 to 4 mins,depending on the size of the potatoes.(If using microwave prick the potatoes with a fork.Leave skin attached.Once cooked ,peel of the skin slowly from the potatoes.)

Heat oil in a pan and fry onions paste until fragrant.Add chilli powder and turmeric powder.Stir further .Then add in cauliflower and water.Add salt to taste. Let it simmer gentle.Once half cooked add in the cube potatoes or you can crush the tender potatoes with your hand slightly before adding it into the wok.A few minutes before dishing out add in peas and garam masala.Simmer until it is almost dry.

Note:I would really appreciate any comments, as I am constantly blogging new recipes, so if you are able to comment on any of my dishes I would be greatly pleased. Let me know whether you found the recipes which you are looking for or whether did you try my recipes.How did it turn out and was it to your
liking.I will reply to every comment, so you might like to check back
again in a day or two if you wish to see the response.

Now I have added a new rating widget - look below every post and you should see a Your rating:box, click on one of the circles to rate the the respective recipes. You can also see the average rating and related pages.I will try to add this rating widget to all my previous posts ASAP.Until then , I hope my blog has helped you .

Thanks for visiting!
Rate this recipe:





Comments